With 20 years of dog training, over a dozen attendances at Guelph University Symposiums for dog behavioural training, put on by P.A.B.A. Professional Animal Behavioural Associates. 15 plus years running a Boarding and Training Facility and over a dozen years working in the field solving behaviour problems for people and their dogs. We feel that we have the experience, along with knowledge of the right techniques to help you fix your dogs issues.
Contact us to make a free "Assessment" of your situation and receive information that will explain the Why, How and What of your dogs behaviours. The problems are never solved through pressure applied to the dog. They are solved by the removal of pressure and the application of choice for the dog.
The following links will take you to pages within this site that will give you knowledge of our philosophy on the interactions between humans and dogs. This philosophy is one of pressure release, not application of pressure. A simple way of saying this would be.. " Less is More! " For example, a dog that is unable to function well in an environment needs a change to the environment in order to experience the benefits of functioning well. Once the dog is functioning well and enjoying the benefit of it, the environment can be adjusted, albeit slowly, back to the original version. It is a simple but slow process that involves, kindness, patience, observation, small adjustments and calmness. There is no magic or dominance assertion. There is no force or demand. There is just reduction of stimulus to the point that the dogs behaviour pattern returns to a normal one and then a reintroduction of the old stimuli. The process must be done carefully with watchful eyes and experience, but is relatively simple.
Check out these internal links for more information
* Large Facility with 3 separate boarding areas; Main boarding room with 11 pens, Secondary boarding room with 6 pens and a Small animal boarding room with 4 pens.
* Isolated Boarding building "The Cottage" for dogs that need less activity around them, for females in heat or dogs that have a medical need for isolation. The Cottage is a 10 x 12 building with heat, electricity and a 10 x 20 gravel run outside. There is an extra fee for the use of the cottage.
* Obedience Training from Basic to Advanced
* Agility, Rally Obedience and Fly Ball
* Group and Private Classes for the above
* Behavioural Modification for the following and more; Barking, Growling, Dog to Dog Aggression (fear), Separation Anxiety, Resource Control etc.
* Competition Problem Solving. Find the soloution to why you cant get the gold, often it is something very simple. Be aware that it usually involves the handler and not the dog.
* Scent Descrimination, Tracking and more
* Nail Clipping
* Basic Brush out with Bath
* Velocity Dryer
* Towel and Blow Drying
* Clipping & Professional Cuts upon request as we need notice to bring in our groomer
Click above for "Fast Facts."
They will help you gain a little more knowledge about your dog!
We Accept Donations of any type; Money, Dog Food, Toys, Bedding, Treats etc., for the rescue dogs and cats that we look after.
We are also in need of volunteers to walk our rescues and help with basic maintenance of their pens etc. If you would like to donate anything, including your time, please contact us through email, text, mail, phone call or just come out to visit. We would love to receive any donations you make available.
Copyright 2019 1142133 Ontario Inc. Operating As K9 Komfort Inn. vr 1.2