If you wish to improve your dogs obedience or have it taught to your dog for the first time, we can help. Obedience can be difficult if you have little experience in dog training or if you have a problem dog.
Please Note; If your dog has behaviour problems and you would like make use of this service, it would be best that an assessment is done prior to the boarding date. This is due to the other behaviour problems interfering with the new behaviours that your trying to instill in the dog. For more information on "Assessments," follow the link.
For your peace of mind we will video your dog and provide a before and after showing the improvement and the technique used.
Basic Obedience Sit, Down, Stand, Stay, Heel, Watch, Touch and Recall. These are the 8 basic exercises that will be taught to your dog during its boarding period. The dog will be trained each day of the Board & Train period, which is 4 weeks long. Sometimes the training sessions will be short and done twice in one day and other times the training will be one session in a day. The one session days are longer and more intense and are done towards the end of the Board & Train period.
As all obedience should be tailor made to the dog and handler, it is always advised to call and talk with us about you and your dogs needs. Many things can and may need to be changed for your Board & Train to be successful.
Please note that unless the owner of the dog maintains the training program, the dogs correct responses will fade away. It is also to be noted that for the best results, the owner should engage in a private session or classes in order to learn how to correctly maintain the dogs training program. The fee for the Board & Train service is $1200 and includes one private training session that should be taken within a week of pickup of the dog. Many people can successfully maintain the dog with only this one session but if more are required, the "6 in a Year" training program should be considered as an additive and preventative to the dogs behaviour fading off.
* Large Facility with 3 separate boarding areas; Main boarding room with 11 pens, Secondary boarding room with 6 pens and a Small animal boarding room with 4 pens.
* Isolated Boarding building "The Cottage" for dogs that need less activity around them, for females in heat or dogs that have a medical need for isolation. The Cottage is a 10 x 12 building with heat, electricity and a 10 x 20 gravel run outside. Please Note that there is an extra fee for the use of the cottage.
* Obedience Training from Basic to Advanced
* Agility, Rally Obedience and Fly Ball
* Private Classes for all training. Group classes when available.
* Behavioural Modification for the following and more; Barking, Growling, Dog to Dog Aggression (fear), Separation Anxiety, Resource Control etc.
* Competition Problem Solving. Find the soloution to why you can't get the gold. Often it is something very simple. Be aware that it usually involves the handler and not the dog.
* Scent Descrimination, Tracking and more.
Click above for "Fast Facts."
They will help you gain a little more knowledge about your dog!
We Accept Donations of any type; Money, Dog Food, Toys, Bedding, Treats etc., for the rescue dogs and cats that we look after.
We are also in need of volunteers to walk our rescues and help with basic maintenance of their pens etc. If you would like to donate anything, including your time, please contact us through email, text, mail, phone call or just come out to visit. We would love to receive any donations you make available.
Copyright 2019 1142133 Ontario Inc. Operating As K9 Komfort Inn. vr 1.2